Happy Birthday Margaret!

 If you haven't already noticed, I have a thing about sending a shoe instead of a greeting card.  My sister Margaret lives in Memphis and is crazy about shoes so it was a special treat for her to receive my sentiment! 
 The rub-on's were sealed using Claudine Hellmuth's gel medium.  I have in the past hand lettered my sentiment using a permanent marker and then sealing.
 An art friend sent me a package of wooden buttons with a bird theme.  I now have one button left!  I use button-hole thread to sew the button onto the fabric flowers.
 It's hard to see inside the shoe so I will tell you that I wired pearls taken from an old necklace inside the bird's nest.  The nest rests on top of gold velvet leaves.  The inside sole paper was cut to size and then I collaged a couple of other images on top.  The bird was fussy cut from a companion paper and then I added the "fly" tag and gold crown.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the paper.
I found tiny green trim in my stash that coordinated perfectly with the paper. I am now the talk of the neighborhood and her circle of friends!  Don't you love it when that happens!

No comments: