Art Exchange Project

Our art group recently completed a round robin exchange with the theme of paper dolls. One of the participants living in England chose Marie A. as her theme. She detailed a writing at the end of her book about "the 1782 gazette des atours" which was essentially a wardrobe book. I used this bit of information as my inspiration for her project.








I raided my stash of ribbons, antique lace, braids and buttons. My dear friend Leslie, translated my English to French for my tags! I need to learn French!



I attached the paper MA doll to the last page....I used rubber stamps from Character Constructions for the clothing.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Sara, this is just BEYOND! Pat will be thrilled!

CathWren said...

Season's Greetings Sara! I finally get a peek inside that fabulous book I have heard so much about. Love the whole concept, and love what you did with it. Aaah, it has been such a wonderful year, Marie gave us all so much to think and dream about, and inspired us to bring a bit of luxury into our lives and art. 2009 will be a difficult time for lots of folks, so I am trying to be more mindful of that in my new collection. Kudos to you, your Christmas gift is very thoughtful and very needed, and will surely bring some much needed joy to the lives of others!

CathWren said...

One more thing, your birdhouse book is really sweet. I really want to try this . . . Thanks for sharing!

Terri said...

As much as I love to see the travel pics. I really love the sharing of the art. This round robin looks great!