Wedding Rings

McDowell's in Dublin came highly recommended to us as the place to purchase our wedding bands. Let me explain how I lost my first wedding band....I took it off while making bread in the kitchen laying it on top of the old refrigerator. The vibrations from the refrigerator had my band falling inside on the back. There was not a way we could take the back apart to retrieve the band. The second band was lost to a foe and not a friend. I had taken it off as my hand was swollen and there it was on my dresser for a dishonest foe. So a few years later at the local flea market, I found a silver band for $6 that had the Runes symbols inscribed. This band I wore for over 15 years.

My husband lost two bands as he is in construction. It is strongly advised that when doing electrical work, you take your bands off and place them in your pockets. And this is how he lost his. He never replaced his last lost band.

One of the dreams we both have had was to replace our lost bands with matching bands from Ireland. The store manager was super. We must have viewed a hundred bands. The store sized our rings and they would be shipped to us. We had our choices of how we wanted our rings, whether white gold, yellow gold, combination, etc., etc.

Then my husband spotted this particular band and wouldn't you know it....his fit perfectly and mine fit me perfectly. The only two of all the hundred bands we tried. Guess it was meant to be!





Thirty-seven years of marriage and we finally have matching wedding bands. Wow...I really feel committed now. I hope our marriage works out!

And NO....WE'RE NEVER TAKING THEM OFF!!!!