Fun Book 3x3 Book

What a fun project!! A dear art friend of mine, Sharon, showed me her 3x3 book that she made for a swap. Wow...how cool! Since then, I have also read where they are referred to as "swing" books….probably because the binding is a simple ring. I also used the tiny metal tags for stamping partial images. I was amazed at how many "tiny" images you can use from a rubber stamp when you are only using a small portion.


This is my cover. I purchased the embellishment at a scrapbooking convention last summer. (I surprised myself at how much stuff I bought even though I am a rubber stamper and not a scrapbooker!) All the pages were made using double-sided cardstock.

The paper in the inside cover came from a package wrapping when I was in Beijing a few years ago. I also used their currency as an embellishment.


The postage stamps I used were given to me by my art friend, Minori who lives in Japan.


I really like using the wax seals. The impression says "Sara". I had purchased a few blank chops when I was in China and had them carved with words and names. I wish I had bought more!


I can not resist saving those fortunes from the Chinese restaurants! I have gobs and they always find their way into my art.

Josh paper is inexpensive and gives a lot of punch! I used Staz-On ink so that the Buddha image would not smudge.


I added a felt flower and a small pearl bead as her earring. I love using this stamped image a lot.


The little girl is stamped on gold vellumn paper. The dragon was made using a punch.

Tim Holtz has a product called "Fragments" that are clear tiles in all sizes. I really love using these!



I bought a box of photo paper from an office supply store. It is perfect for the rubber stamp images that you want to look like photos and a lot less expensive than the glossy paper that is sold "by the sheet". You will find that you can only stamp on the one side and I have marked my box so I don't have to try to remember.


I used Twinkling H2O's. I used pretty much full strength as I wanted it to be vibrant!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Fabulous!

Teresa J. Wilber said...

I am always so impressed with your endless creativity! I love that you share your fabulous creations online so I can "visit" you to see them. Thanks for sharing! One favor: may I please have a little more of a grace period with your altered book? It's finally made its way to my work-table, but I'm still waiting for it to "speak" to me. Also, dear friend, thanks for your support, encouragement, and frank advice the other day---I got the job!

Amy said...

I really like this art!! Great job! You have so much talent.
Amy