Fabric Book for Jan

The house book exchange was inspired by the newly published book "In This House" by Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn. Our art group decided on partners for this exchange with only one rule. The book needed to be house shaped. In the back of the "In This House" book is a template that I used and enlarged it to my desired size.

The other inspiration for this book was from taking Lisa Engelbrecht's workshop. I had already made one fabric book for Annie (earlier post). Jan, my partner and awesome neighbor, really loved Annie's book and gave me lots of compliments. So I immediately knew that she would love and appreciate this book! !

Originally, I thought I would make it a surprise but that didn't work out so well. I needed Jan to supply me with family photos. She was generous in giving me lots to choose from which made planning the pages easy and fun! All the photos except one were transferred onto muslin fabric.

Enjoy!


You can click on the photo for a closer view. I made a blanket stitch on the roof line on each page.

































There is a special message on this page. I don't know when Jan will discover it....but it will be a surprise when she does!


You can still see the purple marking pen...however, if a few days the lines will completely disappear. I took the photos as soon as the book was completed!







This is the back cover.

5 comments:

Jane Farr said...

Absolutely beautiful work!!

Terri said...

This is fantastic! How long did it take for you to complete? Looks like a lot of time and energy when into it. I really like the use of the masks.

Connie Dooley said...

You have certainly found your art! Such care and imagination. Absolutely lovely.

Deb L. said...

Wowsa! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Sharon said...

Sara, I think this is one of the most magnificent works you have ever done!