Pending Artwork

My project when I was in Arkansas with my sister was to paint my fabric pages for a book that I am making. I challenged myself to work in a different color pallet than I usually work with. It took awhile before I found my "groove". The weather was perfect and I worked outside with nature. I made a portable laundry line to hang my pages to dry. The following photos are only half of what I painted. I find that I do better with my art projects if I have choices, extra for mistakes, and some to tear into smaller pieces for embellishments.

My sister had equally as much fun as she set up a sewing station with her Singer Featherweight on the deck.

After my project, I took a nap on the deck listening to her sewing machine hum away. That has to be the first nap outside ever....I never had an opportunity before.....what a great experience! (It wouldn't be the same in Midtown Tulsa!


I am definitely going to have fun making this book!


















5 comments:

Regina said...

pretty pages. This is a color palette I like very much.

Jane Farr said...

Beautiful pages - hope you'll incorporate some calligraphy in your book! :-)

Connie Dooley said...

Beau-Ti-Fulllll! What a lovely, lazy summer day. Your book will definitely reflect that.

Connie Dooley said...

Beau-Ti-Fulll! What a lovely outcome of a lazy summer day. Your project will surely reflect this. Can't wait for the finished project.

Sharon said...

I love all your pages. What a wonderful day you had and how nice to work outside. I would love to have a big screened in porch to work on. Around here I could work outside 6 month out of the year. I hope to see those pages in your artwork soon. ")