Journal Covers

I loved taking old books and making them into new journals! The cover is made using the "Fragment" tiles from Tim Holtz and using the techniques that I learned in his class. The large tile is a photo of my dad with his first crop of corn on the new farm taken in 1956. The book has been propped against my cat Monk....who decided at the last minute to be a part of my photographing my artwork. There was no moving him.....so he is now part of the picture.


This view really shows the dimension of the tiles. I love this product!


Here you can see the binding I made. There are so many sewing techniques for the binding....but I always love to use beads.

2 comments:

Connie Dooley said...

I wish I could see this up close and personal!

Sharon said...

What great covers! Love the dimensional squares and those gorgeous beads....you always do such great work.