Cowgirl Annie

I absolutely think the new Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades are FAB!


A dark brown Copic marker was used on the black metal after it was lightly sanded. The same color marker was used to change the gold color name plate to coordinate with the bingo card.



I've taken a Copic marker class from Allie and it was definitely worth the time and $$!



Allie taught me the technique for altering the star chipboard. This special technique gives so much dimension to such a small item! She'll be happy to teach you this technique, too!



The vintage photo was from my stash and I thought the little girl in the photo looked like a precious cowgirl. So I gave her instant history as Annie Oakley! The trim at the bottom was purchased from a delightful quilt shop in Arkansas.



Everything was mounted onto a black matboard and edged with a copper pen. Copper eyelets were inserted. The final touch was the twine knotted for hanging.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi, Sara,

I'm so glad you brought this to art club Friday and that I was able to see it in person. I love the way the brown Copic marker made the black metal turn to a coppery look. Everything you did to this piece just says "Western"!
The crocheted edging with the buttons is to die for! Love it. ")