By the Beach


This was also a Saturday class that I took at Croppinsville Studio. It is using a canvas and papers from the Graphics 45 collection.

The back of the canvas is completely finished so that this can be placed on an easel.

The starfish was an embellishment that I found on a street in San Antonio. I find myself looking at the ground when I walk from point A to point B. You never know what you'll find. It was a broken piece of jewelry. I painted it red and then added gold accents. The other silver/white embellishment in the corner was once an earring.


The tissue flower was made by Allie and is the perfect size, color, and texture to add interest to this piece.

This is a closer view of the details of the beach sign. If you are looking for special ribbons for your projects....Croppinsville has a great selection. She has a lot of new types of ribbons that I was only previously able to find in St. Louis!



This project was fun and gave me lots of ideas for future art making adventures!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What an interesting collage! Don't you just love Graphic45?! Another gorgeous piece of art! ")