Attitude.....in progress

"Attitude" is a fabric and paper art journal that I have been working on and it's almost complete. This is my first attempt at making a book where the base is paper and each page has a fabric piece sewn onto it......it's a hot mess! The cover is made from an upholstery sample with layers of fabric scraps. The fleur de lis is a metal piece that I bought at an architectural salvage store in Louisville, Kentucky. I used a Tim Holtz gadget to punch holes into the metal so I could sew it onto the cover. It also was a rusted and dull silver color and I totally changed it playing chemist. After many hours of trial and error....I declared it done! I am very happy with the end result.

The signatures are made with paper and have other scraps of batiks, lace, crochet doilies, ribbons intertwined with tags, rubber stamp images and quotes added. I prepared a total of four signatures, however, how many actually get sewn into the book remains to be decided. The first two signatures have grown immensely fat so the book may end with three...and that's okay too. I'll post photos of a few of my favorite pages later.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Can't wait for you to finish this! Love the doily behind all that metal and buttons. ")